Having sore tongue, small red painful bumps. Is it due to side effect of taking citalopram?

I have been taking Citalopram for 8 years, 20mg the whole time with no noticed side effects unless i forget to take a dose. In the past few months i have been experiencing on and off a really sore tongue , usually on the sides and the front. When i look closely in the mirror there are some small red bumps and it can look a little patchy. However i know it isnt thrush as ive treated myself for that multiple times. Its starting to drive me mad and by the end of the day is so painful i dont want to talk. I googled and found out sore tongue can be a side effect of citalopram but is it possible for this to suddenly start after 8 years of no problems? Thanks
Asked On : Tue, 24 Jul 2012