Having sore throat leading to swelling in lymph. How long will the swelling take to come down?

I had swollen glands before christmas leading to a really bad sore throat , since then I ve noticed more and more lymph nodes start to swell, in my neck and behind my ears, they are nothing too petruding until yesterday I tilted my neck to the right and one stuck out a little, around the size of a pea, when I touched it and went to feel around it kind of went back into my neck and I couldn t feel it, since then it makes an appearance when it feels like it, my local GP is always busy and it is extremely hard to get an appointment, I was told it could last a few months with an infection of the body to why my lymph nodes are swelling here and there, but it s over 4 months now and they seem to be getting worse, I don t know whether I should go out of my way and force an appointment with the GP or just continue to let it play out.
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013