Having sore throat, coughing up green phlegm. Swollen lymph nodes causing sleeplessness. What could it be?

i am 21. I have had a sore throat with the following symptoms for over 3 weeks now; I have been coughing up green phlegm and it has been very painful to swallow and yawn. It feels like i have something ripping my throat every time i swallow and especially when i yawn. I can feel my lymph nodes swelling up in my throat, right under the base of my tongue and on the sides above my adams apple. my sleep has been greatly disrupted by these symptoms and i am wondering what my problem could be. It has been so persistent and chronic for awhile now. Please help. Thank you
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013