Having sore throat, conjunctivitis with phlegm in lungs. Tried Advil, sudafed. Is it lung infection?

hello - I m starting to get quite scared that my GP doesn t know what he s doing and I don t want to end up with permanent damage! I m worried because I have had a severe sore throat that hasn t gone away for a week, and now I have developed what looks like bad conjunctivitis in both eyes for the last 2 days. I am midway through a second 7-day course of amoxicillin , which doesn t seem to be having any effect on any of my symptoms. The first round was just earlier this month from feb 6-13 for a lung infection (high fever etc) I developed in Berlin after a very long night in the smokiest place on earth. The infection had just cleared up and I was feeling good when I had to fly to Alaska for my grandma s funeral. Kids in the house were sick and coughing like crazy. I guess my defenses were down and I picked up that bug and my last day in Alaska was once again in bed with high fever feeling like death. Then I had to do 24 hours of flying and by the time I landed here in London last wed morning I was in really bad shape and the nasty cough and congestion had returned. That was when I started the second round of antibiotics, which I did without seeing the doctor just by texting him. I have been pounding the Advil , sudafed , and taking the antibiotics. Tomorrow marks one week of this second bug. The discharge from my eyes is greenish, and the phlegm from my lungs and sinuses is dark yellowish/greenish. It s possible the conjunctivitis is separate from the flu and that I m just really unlucky this year to have gotten all the possible flu and cold bugs at once. I have been twice to the gym to sit in the steam room - this makes me feel better but it could be where I picked up the conjunctivitis. Plus now I am probably spreading germs, but I am desperate for relief. I m at the end of my tether, having been out for the entire month of February. Do you have any advice for what I should tell/ask my GP?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013