Having sore soft palate, cannot taste anything in that area. Face looks swollen. Different type of cold?

I have had sore soft palate for the last 5 days. I can t taste anything in this area.The pain goes down into my throat . Tea with lemon and honey and/or chicken noodle soup gives me temporary relief, so does ibuprofen . I don t have any fever. It feels like my face (from my eyes down)is swollen, but it isn t. Would you say these symptoms sound like different type of cold? Thanks for your answer.
Asked On : Tue, 18 Dec 2012