Having some perimenopause symptoms. Long period with heavy clotting. How to normalize?

I m 46, female, and having some perimenopause symptoms. ( Night sweats , warm flashes, insomnia , irregular periods). This month my period is 2 weeks thus far, and I m still having fairly heavy clotting (which in general is not unusual, but I ve never had a period this long.) I really don t want to panic and mostly would like a little reassurance? I ll mention it to my doc at next exam, but is this an alarming matter demanding quicker action?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013