Having solar plexus pain causing extreme weakness and taking antacid but no relief. Suggest a possible cause and course of action ?

My mother aged about 56 use to have severe pain and heaviness at solar plexus region. Any exertion or walking brings the pain and the solar plexus region (2 inches below the sternum) gets stiff. Whenever this pain starts, there comes symptoms like high BP, heat flushes alternating with chills, faintness, sudden loss of strength, extreme weakness etc. USG of abdomen revealed atrophy of the uterus. She is taking medicines for high BP and heart . The doctor prescribed antacid for solar plexus region, but it is not providing any relief. Could you please suggest the possible cause for this pain and probable course of action?
Asked On : Sun, 31 Jul 2011