Having small spot on right lateral side of tongue, yellow red ring around it. What is it?

Hi, I have a small spot on the right lateral side of my tongue . it is yellowish/red in the middle with a white ring around it. A month or so ago, it looked like a swollen taste bud. The ENT checked only visually, and cleaned it, and said it was probably viral and put me on Vit B. could I also ask your advice please?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013
Welcome to healthcaremagic,
from the description it may be cyst with super imposed infection . it will be good to get a check up again and find out for proper treatment .