Having skipped heartbeats. Is this due to heart problem or lack of vitamins?

I am getting skipped hearbeats everyday for almost 3 week. It started one time, while I was driving, I got very lighthead and had a skipped heartbeat when I was nerveous that my car would break down, since then I have been having them everyday and very ofen. I first noticed a skipped heart beat once and a while about a year ago after working out or playing basketball. Also, last week I drank 4 beers then at McDonalds. Right when I got home my and layed down in bed, by heart began to race very fast for a few minutes. Is this a heart problem or there lack of vitamins in my system? Is this life threatning? I am waiting for blood results Friday. Please send me some feeback. Thanks!
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012
Cardiologist 's  Response
Welcome to health care magic ,
i feel here two issue , one is skip heart beat related and other is like irregularity in heart beat ,
after drink many people feels many times irregularity in heart beat with fast pulse , and it may subside by its own called as holiday heart as it more common on holidays after heavy drink ,
Relax , do not panic ,
get 24 Hour holter study , as it will evaluate heart beat and rhythm for 24 hours .
avoid heavy alcohol intake
take care