Having shortness of breath while climbing stairs, headache, dizzy. What is wrong?

I am short of breath when climbing stairs and lately I have unexplained headaches ....not one to have these. When I get to the top of the stairs I am out of breath and my head pounds with my heartbeat ....not in my ears but somewhere in my head. Makes me dizzy. I am 59, female. No history of heart disease, but heart disease runs in my family. I am also short of breath just taking a short walk. I did have a previous torn esphogus 6 years ago from a surgery procedure and my lungs took a hit. Was on a pump for a month. Could this be my lungs or my heart?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013