Having sharp stabbing pain in lower calf while walking. What is the cause and cure?

i experienced a sharp stabbing pain in my lower left calf while walking after I came home from work. It went away immediately. After a few more steps, it happened again and lasted for one second. I carefully walked back to my car limping cautiously and drove home without incident. what happened? I stand and walk all day on cement floors. I am 68 years old. thank you
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
It can be due to fatigue. This can be due to vitamin B 12 deficiency or a muscle weakness . I would suggest you following things.
1. Take salt in your diet like salty lemonade
2. Take carnisure tablet one daily
3. Also take tablet Methylcobal one daily
4. Calf stretching exercises.