Having sharp pain on lower side. Alcoholic. Can it be due to withdrawal of detox?

I frequently get a sharp pain, that comes and goes, on my right lower side (flank). I have been a drinker for many years. I am really trying to quit and as of today have not had a drink in one week. The pain came back today and seems to be much more intense. The pain usually seems to come on a day or two after I have drank alcohol, not while I'm actually drinking, although I have experienced the pain while drinking too. It usually seems to be more intense during the days that I'm not drinking. Is this some kind of side effect from withdrawal or detox?
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013