Having sharp electric pain in neck and head which lasts for a minute. What is the cause and cure for this?

Hi, I was just wondering if you could help me, I get this really sharp electric like pain that zaps up, usually the side of my neck , and then into my head. its really very painful, the electric shock is instant, but the pain in my neck and head last for about a minute, I have no notice of when this shock will occur and I can go for months without haivng one and then Il get one, it always happens randomly. I have been experiencing them for about 8 years now.
Asked On : Tue, 3 Jul 2012