Having shakes, dizziness, stomach cramps and nauseous. Had fear of throwing up. Reason?

Hi, about a year ago I suddenly woke up during the night with the urge to vomit! Now, i m what you called Emetephobic (fear of throwing up) so obviously, i did everything I could to not throw up and i didn t. But the pain in abdominal area did not seem to go away. Every evening after this particular night at around 8pm (it seemed like someone was just turning on a switch) I would get very hot, sweaty, i would get the shakes, feel dizzy, weak, stomach cramps and sometimes pains and nauseous. I did used to get some sort of relief after having deficating. It would feel like needing to go for a normal size number 2 but literally only a nugget or 2 would pass. This lasted for about 3 months and I was getting to the point where it took away my appetite , I wasn t eating whatsoever, my weight have dropped quite considerably (considering I used to weight lift and stay on a healthy diet), I was about 13/14 stone , it dropped to around 10/11 stone, i m an avid footballer, and i even had to quit playing for my team for a month as I was so ill. Anyway I went to the doctors and they gave me medicine for high levels of acid in my stomach so i took them. Admittedly, they did seem to work but after a while they wore off and I began to feel those symptoms all over again. I went back and they gave me a higher dosage. After a while, everything seemed to just stop and I was fine again, so I started to exercise and eat again...but after 2-3 weeks, well, here we go again! :( ...dizzy, hot, sweaty, nausia, cramps and pains...I eventually got a blood test done which read that my thyroxine levels were a little high, I am due another another one soon to compare. I ve also had an Ultrasound scan done and the nurse who did it, said everything seemed fine, but I ve yet to go to my GP and hear what she has to says about those results. But anyway, right now, I m still getting these symptoms, my stools appear to be alot more normal though, i m back to exercising and eating healthily once again but still with the symptoms pretty much every week, it s just been so long now, i ve kinda got used to it all and just putting up with it! as no-one seems to know what the f*@k is going on! :( this last year has been so horrible! I just want to be me again! everytime I get asked to go out and meet friends in the evenings, i mostly say no as I just know, when it comes that time of the evening, these symptoms will kick in. Does anyone know what is going on?????
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013