Having severe steriod withdrawal symptoms as my arms are extreme red

Hi. I was prescribed hydrocortisone 1% for acute eczema , with periodic bouts of celestroderm & elomet during extreme flare-ups. This has gone on for 15 yrs or so. Now I think I might be having severe steriod withdrawal symtoms as my arms are angry fire-engine red. I hadn t realised I couldn t stop cold turkey. After suffering for over 2 months of intense pain I finally succumed to reusing steriods. I loathe to continue using steriods but I don t know how to stop. Should I wean off slowly, hence how to go about doing so, or go cold turkey and ride out the symptoms, and if so what should I expect eg how long before I recover ? Appreciate any help.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Feb 2011