Having severe cough and throat pain. Involuntary passing of urine upon coughing. Acidity symptoms?

I have been having digestion problem over a long period of time. This June I had throat pain and then developed cough . After this the cough became bad and I started choking while coughing. This became so bad that for few minutes I would be choking and struggling for breath. While coughing would pass urine invoulantarily. Consulted GP and ENT . They said that I was suffering from acidity and that the acid was leaking into my esophagus and causing irritation in the throat. Have taken anti biotic and some syrup also. Though the choking problem is under control to certain extent. Now when I yawn I get the cough and slight choking. Please help. What should I do? I have throat irritation and always want to clear my throat.
Asked On : Tue, 18 Sep 2012