Having severe constipation, gas, stomach pain and occasionally diarrhea. Had hemorrhoids. What is the cause and cure?

Hi there.
I've been having a lot of excess wind, constipation, occasionally diarrhea and significant discomfort alongside the occasional pain. This all seemed to have happened (or became significantly worse) around the time I kicked a habit of many, many years, and that is drinking fizzy drinks, like Coke and Pepsi, albeit mostly diet or otherwise sugar-free. I'm currently struggling with bloating and the inability to properly vacate said gasses from my body. My question, alongside any advice you could give me, is whether this sudden eradication of fizzy drinks from my diet would actually somehow cause this bloating and bad constipation. I have also had hemorrhoids for the past couple of years, which I have managed, but sometimes can be uncomfortable, especially during a bowel movement.

Thank you for your time.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013