Having sever cough, accompanied by cold. What can be done to reduce it ?

HI my daughter is 2.5 yrs old and she is having sever cough, accompanied by cold. In the night she coughs too much and pukes what she would have had for the dinner. My daughter has this problem of flem from childhood, i tried her giving syrups like ventroline and relent nothing worked. Can u suggest some good medicine for this. Also my daughter has this frequent omitting, which i feel is becoz of the flem. I give her 2 glass of milk every day. Does milk products and milk, increase the flem? What can be done to reduce it. Any fruits or any kind of food can reduce the flem ?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Apr 2011