Having semi hard erection. Looses erection during intercourse. Smoker, drinker. Suggestions?

My boyfriend is 45 years old and has a semi hard erection . most of the times he gets hard on his own but sometimes I have to give him oral sex to get him hard. half way during sex, i feel him loosing his erection. sometimes its at the point where we have to stop especially early in the morning. he smokes about 5 packs of cigarettes per week and equal amount of weed. He is a social drinker and a drummer by profession. Can you help?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013