Having seizure attacks. MRI & CT scan showed periventricular leukomalacia. Causes?

Hi, my son had a seizure attack on the 3rd day of his birth wherein his glucose levels dropped drastically, though he was in Neonatal care his problem went unrecognized, & he was treated for Hypoglycemia...however his seizure attacks started again when he was 2 years of age (starting with silent siezures & then jerks)..after which we were advised to do MRI & CT Scan which showed he is a periventricular leukomalacia child..Pls let me know what are the causes of the same
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013