Having scoliosis. Excruciating pain when ran out of hydrocodone which I take every 5 hours. Suggestions?

Hi, I have had scoliosis since I was at least 9 years old.I know I have injured my back several times moving and lifting heavy items. I am now 23 yrs old I have been taking 20 to 30 mgs of hydrocodone every 4 to 6 hrs for my severe pain for about 5 yrs now the hydrocodone works decently well as long as I have it but if I run out which I do very frequently I experience excruciating and absolutely unbearable pain so severe I can t sleep, eat or even have a proper bowel movement . Simple tasks like just going to the bathroom or trying to just walk around the house a little bit are extremely difficult and even more painful. When I run out of meds I just can t do anything at all I m pretty much bed ridden and just laying there in bed is still extremely painful. I m sick and tied of not being able to live a normal life I m only 23 and I m I m in worse condition than most people I know that are in there 70 s. I can t work I can t go to school and I just feel completely useless to the point I have become depressed as well. I m tired of having to take painkillers I m tired of living such a limited life I just want to be normal and to be able to experience the life of a 23 yr old uninhibited by all this pain. Please help I just don t know what to do anymore
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013