Having reddish bumps with discoloration on the glans. Is it a fungal infection?

For the past several months now I have had some red discoloration on my glans , accompanied by some tiny red bumps. The bumps are very small and painless. There is no real discomfort to speak of but it is quite unsightly and a little unsettling as I expected it to have gone away by now. Of course it is quite more prominent when aroused and the skin appears to be rather dry. Is this a fungal issue perhaps? I was not sexually active for several months prior to it s development.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Jun 2012
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Welcome on health,

It is most likely to be an infection. The top two possibilities are:
Thrush – a fungal infection (very common).
Herpes – which is similar to cold sores.
The two conditions require quite different treatments so you will have to get a proper diagnosis from your GP in order to get the right treatment.

Yours sincerely