Having red throat, change in voice. Prescribed antibiotics. What is wrong?

hi, my sister has complained of a red throat , and mild change in her voice (hoarse) that has been going on for over a month. She went to the dr. and does not have strep etc....her dr. did prescribe antibiotics to rule out infection as her throat did look red and irritated to him. She finished the course of antibiotics and nothing has changed. She made the mistake of researching online and now has self daignosed with cancer . She will not go to an ENT because she is extremely anxious. I am looking for any thoughts on what this may be other then cancer. thanks.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013