Having red swollen toes without itching or odour. What could it be?

Red swollen toes, no itching, chilblains or odor. I have had on and off swelling in the toes on both feet (right now not both feet though) . The toes are bright red and sometimes a purplish color. Hydrocort fends off painful irritation that wakes me at night. Do I just treat the shoes, shower, and feet as though it were a fungus-- with bleach, powders, new shoe liners and etc? There s not much online about foot fungus with no smell, and no cracking or itching, so I m curious
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012