Having red, itchy rash on chest and neck. Prescribed Spironolactone. Taking Benedryl. Suggest

I am being treated for high BP and edema. Was perscribed Furosimide to get rid of fluids.. Had an allergic reaction of red, itchy rash on chest and neck. Stopped taking immediately and went back to original script for Hydrochlorozide. One wk. later, Dr. prescribed Spironolactone. I took one 50mg dose on Fri. am and today the ensuing rash is covering most of my body,particularly neck and face. Also, my face is swollen and lips tight..
I am uninsured so a trip to the emergency room is'nt my 1st choice. I have been taking generic Benedryl and that makes the rash less itchy so I can sleep..
I am a patient at a free clinic and they are only open on Thurs.
What do you suggest?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013