Having red inflammation, feels uneasy, itchy. Taking eryfluid lotion, moisturizer and avil 25. Allergy?

Hello, I am a 27 year old lady. I am having small red inflamation as you get after an ants bite which I feel very uneasy and feel always to scrub them with my nails but I prevent this. I went to see a doctor he gave me a eryfluid lotion( erythromycine based lotion) and a soap to wash the face and a mostoriser. After using the eryfluid lotion for the first time I felt a bit of itching and i thought it might be due to its effect but in night it increases and then I felt it to be an allergy and I took a avil 25 tablet and I felt a bit of relief and itching is also less somewhat. When I woke up in the morning I felt the same, again after taking lunch i took it .Please let me know is this allery or something else. I am feeling very uneasy puting and rubing my face with my hand . Please answer ASAP.
Asked On : Sun, 27 May 2012