Having raised patches. No itching or pain. I am worried. What are the required treatment ?

Hi. For as long as I can remember, I have had a very small area, 1/2 sz of eraser, on my inner thigh where an oval, slightly darker, slightly raised patch of skin grows. When it gets raised, I can peel it off & it leaves no sign that it was there. I have also had a similar, but very smooth discolored area on outer chest near my armpit that everyone has always called an "age spot". It has started to grow slightly from eraser size to about double. No symptoms with either. However, in the last few months, I have developed several of the raised patches, mostly on my calves, but also on my arms. There are none that I can find on my face or torso. I was afraid to shave my legs, but they just peel off & return. I have no itching or pain associated with them. I should mention that I have been sick & mostly in bed for last few months, so have not showered as usual & skin is very dry. I have contacted a dermatologist, but it takes ages to get in & I am worried. Thank you for your help.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013