Having radiation treatment for a brain stem tumor. How to deal with urge to drink?

hi, my name is pauline, my mother is in hospital currently having radiation treatment for a brain stem tumour. This weekend she was allowed day leave and we took her to her home for a visit. This freedom has bought back her need for a drink & she has started to harrass myself & 2 sisters for just a small drink. She has been in hospital for 2 weeks with no urge to drink, is it possible she is just withdrawing now? If so how do we deal with it?
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013