Having protected sex. Getting dark brown vaginal discharge and slight itching. Is it bacterial vaginosis?

For the past three days, I have been experiencing dark brown vaginal discharge and slight itching. There is no foul odor. I have only been with one partner for the past two months, and have always used protection. I use a birth control pill where I skip my periods, so I haven t had a period since early May. I was thinking that it may be bacterial vaginosis , but there is no odor and only slight itching, and the discharge seems very different from what BV usually shows. What could this be?
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012