Having post natal depression. Was taking Venlafaxine previously. Thought it brought down the immune system. Suggestions?

My Daughter is 40 years old ant has had post natal and depression for the last 20 odd years off and on. She had been taking Venlafaxine for 7 months last year and the last two months she weaned herself off them and now feels really bad. She thinks it lowered her immune system because she caught a nasty virus. I told her it doesn t lower your immune system she just caught a virus like we all do this time of the year. She also said one of the side affects was heavy , can this be true?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013