Having pneumonia, took antibiotics, no relief. Alternative solution?

Hi and thanks for your availability. I have been diagnosed with phenmonia, and on antibiotics for a week. Unfortunately, they don t seem to be helping, and I feel bad and no energy at all. Can you recommend an alternative that might help feel better, please? Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you, sincerely, Lisa B. Burtis
Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013
Welcome to HCM!
I have read your question carefully and it says that you have pneumonia and treatment with antibiotics is not working, you still feel bad.
From my clinical experience I would really ask you to re-visit your doctor and get your antibiotics changed. Pneumonia should not be taken very lightly ( though yours does not appear to be very serious types as patients have great difficulty in breathing in it) and alternative measures cannot replace the role of good antibiotics. you may get an X Ray chest to see the extent of pneumonia .

You have not mentioned the antibiotic you are on but from my experince I have seen the combination of amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid 625mg, two times a day for five days and paracetamol three times a day for three days working great!

Along with it one should continue with some good antacid, and multivitamin for some time.

Taking steam inhalation helps clear the chest soon and hot water bath.

Hope the answer helps you.
Feel free to ask more questions
Dr. Manisha Gopal.