Having pins and needles pain in the arms and feet. Difficulty in walking. Family history of muscular dystrophy. Could that be the reason?

Hi for several years now i have suffered with very painfull sharp pins & needles in my hands arms finger feet legs head & even on my face. When it happens on my nose i feel like i have a cold, when it happens to my feet i find it very difficult to walk to start with. My hands can cramp up where my thumbs turn in and i can not do the simple things like open a Jar with a lid on. The worst is when i get it in my elbows and it feels like you have just hit your funny bone and the pain that you get from that after a few seconds really hurts but this doesnt last a few seconds it last a few days and it is very very painful. My Dad has been diagnosed with muscular dystrophy could there be any conection? the affected area can some times go numb.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Jun 2012