Having pinkish mucus vaginal discharge, dark brownish clot, cramping pain, thick clear discharge. Had Protected sex. What is the cause of discharge?

Hi... the date of my last menstrual period (LMP) was on the 24th of April, and my cycle was 30 days in length (the 2 cycles prior to that were 32 days in length). I have been having a lot of mucus vaginal discharge , I m not sure for how long now (maybe 1 week) and last thursday (17 days since my LMP) there was a pink tinge to the discharge that I noticed on toilet paper, along with a dark brown clot (or maybe it was thick mucus, but it was dark brown) on two separate occasions. I thought it was my period starting extra early because that s how it usually starts (with pink mucus) the morning or day b4 my period actually starts but then the mucus discharge got clear again and has been clear since. I also had a little cramping pain , almost like mild period pain, the day after I noticed this but that too has resolved. There was a big thick, clear discharge yesterday (19 days since my LMP) as well. If my cycle remains 30 days then I m not due for my period until the 23rd of May. Is this ok? It has never happened to me b4, I try to pay close attention to these things. I don t think this is a sign of pregnancy either because I had protected sex once, 2 days after my period finished. So what else could this be? Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 17 May 2012