Having pill not having a proper period. Took norethisterone. Want to stop my bleeding. Treatment?

i have been prescribed a mini pill to help with period flow and to regulate me. However, I was spotting daily but not having a proper period. i was put on one pill for 3 months and it didnt agree with me. Been on noriday for 3wks and im having a light period but its still not settling, going to give it a bit longer to see if i settle down. I am getting married soon and do not want to be on a period or spotting on my special day. My gp prescribed norethisterone to take to stop the spotting approx 3 days before. If im spotting, will it definately stop if taken correctly
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013