Having persistent cough, sore throat, green phlegm, runny nose. Taken amoxicillin, salamol inhaler, antihistamine tablets for hay fever. What should be done?

Hi Dr, I have had a pesistant cough for nearly 7 weeks it started with a sore throat then I lost my voice, then I had a rough voice for a while all the time I had this cough getting green phlegm up but not lots went to GP who gave me Amoxacillian didnt do any thing went back to GP was given stronger antibiotics cant remember the name began with a C, didnt help went back to GP again had to do a sputem sample waiting for results, having chest xray tomorrow, and was given Salamol inhaler with an aero chamber which helps a little but does not stop the cough. I have it all day worse in the morning and bedtime have to sleep sitting up my chest is wheezy and sometimes feels tight my nose is running constantly i take anti histamine tablets for heyfever it is driving my mad any advise thank you in advance Sue
Asked On : Wed, 4 Jul 2012