Having periods at frequent intervals. Prescribed duphaston. Will it cause weight gain, acne?

hi im married for 6 months and not planning on getting pregnant at the moment but will maybe after a few months.my periods were normal for the past few months but recently 2 weeks after my periods i got it again and this time periods went on for 11 days followed by brown discharge for 5 days.then again after a week iv got my periods again please tell me what to do. i went to the doctor and was prescribed duphaston .is this safe?will it cause weight gain and acne please help
Asked On : Sun, 11 Nov 2012