Having pain when touched or used, no swelling on sprained ankle after a day of accident. Is this serious?

Hello, yesterday when I finished work, I went over on my ankle, although at the time it did not cause any pain, I came home had tea etc shower walked around ok, but this morning when I got out of bed and put weight on the same ankle it was in severe pain,,,, but only when it is used or touched, it does not seem swollen, I do not fancy wasting a day at the a&e dept in hospital if its not serious, what should I do thanks
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013