Having pain on back side of head, fluctuating BP, swelling on left face. Test normal. Reason?

I have been suffering from an undiagnosed problem for the last nine years. It started in May 2004 after an attack of cold . Thereafter I used to get regularly pain at the back side of the head and inability to do anything. The BP used to fluctuate rapidly for about a week. Thereafter it has stabilised at 120/90. The problem is that frequently the left side of the face gets swollen and I have difficulty in opening the left eye. When I forcibly keep it open it results in terrible pain. The episodes usually start early in the morning without any warning and may continue for a few hours to a few days. At times, there is no sign of such a problem at a stretch max for a month. All tests relating to the eye, MRI of the head, sinus scan, etc. have been done but nothing came out of it. At present, I am down with an episode for the past one week with no sign of respite. I feel a deep blockage somewhere deep inside the left ear.I sleep for hours together when the episode is on. The last recorded BP was 160/100.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013