Having pain in upper neck, lower head. Taken headache tablet. What is wrong?

Hi there. I have a serious pain that radiates in the left side of my upper neck/lower head when me and my wife have intercourse. It has only happened twice now but is of great concern to me. The first time the pain came I took cold water and ran it over my head for about 5 minutes and my whole neck became numb and the pain died down completely. Last night it started and after doing the same with the water the pain did not stop and is still there but already took headache tablets and it went away totally but the medication is wearing off now and the pain is faintly returning. I am not very active in my life but not obese but do have a few pounds to loose. I do smoke but it does not make the pain worse or better. To give you a profile of myself. I am 27 years old smoker and drinker but occasionally. I have not had any operations in my life nor admitted for any disease or chronic illness . Please help me with my situation as I would really like to know what the way forward would be and if it could be something serious. Me and my wife would like to stay active as we are trying to get pregnant. Regards
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013