Having pain in throat and hurts to swallow. What treatment should be done?

Hi, I need help. I don t know why it s doing it but it just started today. So the right side of my tongue , near the back of my throat hurts. It hurts even more when I swallow spit. It actually woke me up this morning because of how painful it was. I can eat and drink things and it quits hurting but if I just sit and swallow it tends to be very painful. Please help.
Asked On : Wed, 28 Nov 2012
Hi there,
It looks like you are suffering from throat infection. There is nothing to worry about. If i was your doctor i will recommend you to start antibiotics as soon as possible. Also try saline gargles with luke warm water. It will help relieve the pain while swallowing. Do that twice a day for five days along with antibiotics and you will be fine.
Dr. Ammar.