Having pain in pectoral muscle, shoulder blade, upper arm. Tried hot, cold massage therapy. Suggest?

Hi, I have been experiencing pain for about 4 months now which started in what I thought was my pectoral muscle. I thought it was a strain or tear but it worsened and I began to feel pain in my shoulder blade and then my upper arm . Now it is extremely tight and painful in my shoulder/bicep area. I can barely lift my arm without feeling a shooting pain that occasionally goes all the way to my hand . I have tried heat, cold, massage therapy and nothing has helped. Any thoughts on what it could be?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013