Having pain in middle chest, slight esophogeal spasm occurred. What is the problem?

I get a sharp pain which can occur every 40-60 seconds in my middle chest , slightly towards the left side. It can last for months. I had an upper GI series done and a slight esophogeal spasm occured. However, I am wondering if it could be anything else. Last month I didn t notice it and this month it is back with a vengence.
Asked On : Fri, 20 Apr 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I would like to suggest you to get ECG to make sure that it is not related to cardiac problem. Pain which you are saying is most probably related to heart. After this report if your heart is normal then we can treat it with painkiller like Brufen.