Having pain in lung. Diagnosed as infection. What are the risks?

About two weeks apart I had very bad pain in my left side around my lung .Bad enough that could not move for about three hours.Then on a Monday I started having pain in which the next three days it became unbearable.I went to the hospital and they keep me 5 days.The Dr.said it was a very bad infection. I would like to know what you think?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jun 2012
Pulmonologist 's  Response
It can be an infection as the pain is acute in nature.
However u need to do an xray chest to confirm whether there was really a pneumonia or not.
I m sure they must have done when they had you admitted.
Furtther nothing can be said as you had no fever, no cough and no other problems except pain