Having pain in left side of chest. Is it gas problem or something else?

I am from India. every time i use to get pains in left hand back side and near to heart . just for few secs or mins. i went to hospital and taken ecg and all. doctors told thats gastic problem. again its continues like more. meanwhile my 2 close friends died with other problems. so i am getting mental tensions that for me also anything will be happened. am not getting any sleep and same pains repeating in all parts. Please give me good suggetion
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013