Having pain in left shoulder, muscular pain. Diagnosed with impingement syndrome. Given diprofos Injection. Treatment?

I am 45 years old male (Former body builder) still do some exercise at this age too. Recently I start feeling some pain in my left should and I thought that it may be a muscular pain and continued my excercise for a week or two after that the pain got increased and I consulted an orthopedic surgeon. He did X-Ray and diagnosed impingement syndrome in my left shoulder and in the initial stage he gave me some pain killer and advised some exercise but it didn t work then I decided to leave it for sometime thinking that it may automatically get well by time but after two months period I didn t get any relief then I again consulted the same doctor he did MRI and it was ok after that he decided to give me a Diprofos Injection in my left shoulder. Was this the correct injection to be given to a patient like me, please answer???? Thanks you.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013