Having pain from belly button to clitoris and it will come and go. What this could be ?

My mom has been having this issue for 20 years and no doctors have been able to help or know the cause of it. About 20 years ago my mom was exercising and felt a feeling like a rubber band broke from her bellybutton to her clitoris . Her clitoris gets swollen and nothing can touch it. She cant even walk when this happens. She has it off and on for years and it will come and go. It gets worse if shes really active but really doesnt know what brings it on. The pain is so bad she cant move once it starts acting up. She has had in the past a lot of bladder infections and female issues. This is not just a physical thing but a mental as she is scared of living her life that she may bring it on again. She is not currently having sex and is now in her 3 year of not having a period. It acted up yesterday and hasnt for 2 years. Its weird because she didnt do anything to bring it on at all. She has been checked for bladder infections, hernias, yeast, everything but everything is normal. She has also had intersistal cystius years ago. Please help as even if we could find a name to research it or tell our doctor. I found a name called Sacrotuberous Ligament. It may have nothing to do with it but that is a ligament and in the pelvic region. I appreciate any feedback from anyone that knows what this is or a doctor that has delt or know what this could be.
Asked On : Fri, 11 Feb 2011