Having pain below right ribcage. No use of medicine. Is it irritable bowel syndrome?

I have a pain just below my right ribcage for almost a month now. It s a kind of stingy/ stitch like pain which is not extremely sore but becoming very annoying as I get it every day. It s usually fine in the morning and then comes on later in the day. I also notice it more when I stand from a sitting or lying position. I have had an abdominal ultrasound and both my gallbladder and liver were fine. Dr. thinks it might be IBS but I have taken meds for this and didn t seem to make any difference.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013