Having pain below rib and back, acne around back. Looking for advice

Hi, I have been having pain in my left side just below my bottom rib for almost a week. It is very painful to press the are and can be felt when i move or lean on it. It is concentrated in pretty much one area, but i do have some pain/ache around the back. It woke me up one morning. I hope you can offer some advice, but i will make an appointment with my GP. Thank you
Asked On : Sat, 16 Jun 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
It can be a back muscle spasm and it can occur even when you are sleeping or lifting some weight. I Would suggest you to take:
1.Myoril tablet twice daily
2.Hot water fomentation
3.Volini gel local application
Avoid bending forward and lifting heavy weight.