Having pain below chest. Taken omeprazole capsules. Started burping. Took ibuprofen. What's going on?

I have a pain which is just below my chest and it goes through to my back, the pain is very severe and i need to lie down. my gp prescribed omeprazole capsules which i had taken as soon as the pain started which made me burp but the pain came back 5 minutes after. its only started in the last week and i ve had it a few times, once maybe twice a day, and it lasts between 30mins to an hour or two. i took ibuprofen a couple of days ago and it seemed to have worked, but i m not sure if it was the ibuprofen that worked or the pain faded itself. please help
Asked On : Mon, 21 May 2012