Having pain and swelling in sternum. Diagnosed chostrochondritis. Does symptoms show chostrochondritis? Concerned

I have been having pain in my sternum that is tender to the touch. It also seems to have some swelling in the area. The pain runs down to where my sternum meets my stomach. I recently also started having back pain and today my whole left shoulder feels numb. I was told it is chostrochondritis - can this cause all of the symptoms listed?

I am a 28 year old female - I have had a chest x ray and an EKG to rule out any heart issues. I am not overweight nor do I smoke or drink.

Should I be concerned about the numbing in my left shoulder?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013